Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Projects

The Johnny Cash Project
Below is a paragraph quoted from the creator of the Johnny Cash Project. This was a great project to bring artists from all over the world to work on this collaborative work of art while simultaneously honoring the great Johnny Cash. It was tedious however, you had to complete the drawing in one sitting or the entire image would be lost. This was especially challenging for someone as A.D.D. as I am. I used the things I learned in this class to really get a deeper concept of this project. First I sat down and watched the music video over and over again. I really focused on what scenes meant the most to me. After deciding i kept searching until the clips I wanted came up. I started to think about the complexity of programing that goes into making and designing a programmed database online. The task is truly art in itself. It was great to rise above my own art and be part of something bigger with these two projects I chose to do. The Johnny Cash Project was not only a great project, but entertaining at the same time. Directly below this paragraph are the two drawings I did for the Johnny Cash Project.

Click the link to get a closer look at my work. Sign In: AndrewArdans Password: jcash123
http://www.thejohnnycashproject.com/#/my-contributions
When you go to the link you can watch the process of how I drew each of these.














"The Johnny Cash Project is a global collective art project. Working with a single image as a template, and using a custom drawing tool, you’ll create a unique and personal portrait of Johnny. Your work will then be combined with art from participants around the world, and integrated into a collective whole: a music video for "Ain’t No Grave", rising from a sea of one-of-a-kind portraits."

Click this link to see the Johnny Cash Project.


Man With A Movie Camera

This was a great opportunity to be a part of this "Global Remake!" Just like I mentioned before it was amazing to collaborate with people all over the world. Because of this site my work is now part of a video clip database that is viewable by anyone in the world! It is a very interesting feeling as an artist to know that people can look at your work anytime anywhere. The internet is an amazing tool. That is what made this project so interesting, It is taking old black and white film and converting it digitally online while corroboratively remaking each seen. The project is like a symphony with many different parts all coming together to re create this movie. I wanted to make the video clips look as close to the original as I could get them. To do that I had to add certain effects and other techniques. It still came out a little different, but i like to look at is as my style for the project. Below this paragraph are pictures with links to the video segments that I reshot. Click on them to view it side by side with the original footage from Man With A Movie Camera. Then below that will be a short background quote from the website.







"Man With a Movie Camera: The Global Remake is a participatory video shot by people around the world who are invited to record images interpreting the original script of Vertov’s Man With A Movie Camera and upload them to this site. Software developed specifically for this project archives, sequences and streams the submissions as a film. Anyone can upload footage. When the work streams your contribution becomes part of a worldwide montage, in Vertov’s terms the “decoding of life as it is”."

Click the link below to view the Man With A Movie Camera website.



No comments:

Post a Comment